Innovative ideas and ideas about innovation

24.9.07

Can you live without a leaf blower?

Binnur, over at Kitetail Innovation is bemoaning the arrival of leaf blowing season. Binnur's point is that leaf blowing is a pointless activity - the weather has a habit of reallocating them very quickly! But, perhaps leaf blowers are a solution to a non-obvious problem. I watch my neighbours happily wandering around the garden, blowing leaves into neat piles, and I think that what is actually happening is that they are engaging in purposeful communing with nature. The machine is a pleasant excuse to wander about in the garden, and think ones thoughts. Having played with one of these overgrown hair-driers, I can attest to the fact that they are quite good fun. Very quickly, one starts to play games, can I make them swirl, what about doing it left handed. Many happy hours can be spent getting one's leaves properly organised. Basically, leaf blowers are just high powered versions of 'blow football', and if I ran Black and Decker, I would immediately organise a league championship. Now, where is my copy of "Which Leaf Blower Monthly"

No comments:

Google Analytics